среда, 30 апреля 2008 г.

Why debit and credit turnovers different in Ledger and Inventory modules?

I want to share my thoughts about inventory closing functionality. I had made this research since time I took part in Axapta implementation projects. For all customers our developer team extended functionality of the inventory turnover report. After report modification users could receive detailed financial data in the inventory module. But there is one small issue. Financial managers and accountants asked me why turnovers were different in Ledger and Inventory modules. After investigation I found the cause of problem. There is no field Correct in InventTrans table like in LedgerTrans. That is why transactions are different for credit note in Ledger and Inventory modules. And inventory closing doesn’t create ledger transactions with Correct sign. We suggested correcting turnovers in Ledger module after inventory closing by manually creating additional correctional transactions. What do you think about it?

1 комментарий:

Roman комментирует...

I think manual transaction correction is not a good approach.
Maybe it would have been better to change report's values adding correction to Inventory turnover or to show in another field the difference with explanation where it tooks from.